Prompt HVAC Repair Services for Central Illinois Homes and Businesses
Ager’s Heating, Cooling & Electrical has been performing dedicated expert HVAC repair & preventative maintenance throughout Macoupin and Montgomery Counties since 1984. We deliver prompt HVAC repair services at any time of day, and our expert technicians will have your situation handled in no time. We uphold the highest level of air conditioning repair, heating repair or electrical repair in the area. Contact us today.
Our workmanship is backed by a 2-year labor warranty & we offer 100% guaranteed satisfaction to every type of our customer’s repairs.
Signs to Schedule HVAC Repair
- Air conditioner or Furnace is making a banging, squealing, popping, screeching, grinding or rattling noise.
- Your system continuously runs or cycles every few minutes from on to off.
- Your airflow through your vents is low.
- Furnace or AC unit turns on but doesn’t blow warm or cold air
- You smell something burning.
- Utility bills are getting more expensive.
- Some of your rooms are too cold or are not warm enough.
- Adjustments to your thermostat do not seem to make any difference in comfort.
Common Air Conditioning Problems
When it comes to the air conditioner at your home or business, you expect it to run day after day, especially in the hot summer sun. However, just like anything else, these systems may break due to age, overuse, neglect and other problems. Although, it can be difficult for home and business owners to truly identify the problems with their unit. These systems require care from trained professionals that understand the ins and outs of different systems, makes and models. With that in mind, here are just a few of the most common problems that you may see with your air conditioner.
- Poor Wiring – Your air conditioner needs power to run. When your unit is wired incorrectly, it can prevent the system from getting power, trip the circuit breaker and even cause a fire hazard. Consult a professional if you suspect faulty wiring with your system.
- Low Refrigerant – Your system uses refrigerant, a chemical known as Freon, to help cool the air that gets distributed throughout your home. When Freon levels are low, this may imply a problem or leak within your system that must be fixed immediately.
- Outside Fan – If the outside fan is not working, you’ll have trouble with cooling your home. The fan blows the heat from your home to the outside, and when it’s not working, this process can’t happen, allowing the compressor to overheat and possibly damage your system.
- Frozen Coils – If the coils or air conditioning lines are frozen, this usually points to a problem with airflow. Dirty air filters and ductwork causes impeded airflow, which makes the system work harder, constantly pushing air over the coils, which causes them to freeze.
Installation was very efficient! The did excellent cleaning up. You could not even tell they had been at the house. Your company is excellent. We will highly recommend you! It’s great that Mike explained exactly what he was going to do. We did get 2 other estimates and they did not take the time to do that. That was a big factor in choosing your company!! We are 100% satisfied!!
Common Furnace Problems
When it’s cold outside, home and business owners throughout the area count on their furnace systems to keep their homes and businesses warm. However, these systems don’t always work correctly, and they’re prone to breakdowns in the intense Winter cold. When your furnace breaks, it’s difficult to know what’s going on and what you can do to fix it. Read below about some of the most common furnace problems and what they mean for your system!
- Clogged Air Filter – One of the most common problems is a clogged air filter. When your air filter gets too dirty, it can impede the flow of air throughout your system, which can cause your furnace to shut off, blowing cold or lukewarm air throughout your home.
- Thermostat Problems – Another common furnace problem is a problem with your thermostat or your thermostat settings. Your thermostat may have a faulty sensor that’s causing it to read the wrong temperature, or you may have it set incorrectly, causing it to run when it doesn’t need to.
- Electrical Problems – Something else that happens frequently is a tripped circuit breaker. This can be due to bad wiring, weather or something else. However, when this is tripped, it will cause all power to your furnace to shut off, leaving you without a warm home.]
- Ignition Problems – Modern gas furnace units us pilot lights to ignite the burner process. Your problems could simply be due to a pilot light that has gone out. However, ignition problems can also be caused by faulty sensors or thermocouples that help regulate the temperature and the flow of gas.
- Dirty Burners – If the burners are dirty, it may cause them to shut off before they heat the air in your home, which could cause your system to blow cold, cool or lukewarm air throughout your home in the Winter!
call for honest advice & reliable repairs
Common Boiler Problems
Does your home function on a boiler system? While these systems aren’t as common anymore, a boiler system is a single system that uses heated water to provide your home with warm water and with warm air in the Wintertime. These systems are most common in older homes and homeowners that aren’t familiar with these systems may have a hard time deciphering the problem. Here are a few common issues you can look out for and what to do about them!
- Now Working – If your boiler is not working, this is a big problem, and it could be due to a variety of problems including electrical problems and faulty wiring. However, it’s hard to know the exact cause unless you call a professional.
- Boiler Cutting Out – If your system is cutting out in the middle of a heating cycle, there could be a number of issues including low pressure, improper thermostat setting or a frozen pipe.
- No Hot Water – If you’re experiencing no hot water coming from your boiler, but your central heating is working, this could be due to a bad thermostat, bad thermostat settings, improper boiler settings or even a faulty motorized diverter valve.
- Boiler Noise – One common problem is strange noises coming from the unit. While boilers aren’t completely silent, a whistling noise suggests there’s air trapped somewhere in the system, and a gurgling noise means that a frozen pipe has occurred.
If you are in need of heating and cooling services for your mobile home in the Central Illinois area, we are here to help
- Professional & Reliable
- Mobile Home HVAC: Repairs, Installations & More!
- Home Air Conditioning & Furnaces
- Quick Response Time
- Repair & Installation Services
- Residential & Commercial Service
- Serving the Central Illinois Area
- Quotes & So Much More!
Mobile home heating & cooling services are designed to meet the needs of your specific mobile home. Mobile homes are usually smaller than most traditional homes, which means that they have limited space for ductwork. This means that most mobile home HVAC systems must be designed carefully to ensure that they can deliver the right amount of airflow. Mobile home heating & cooling services usually include installing a ductless mini-split system. This type of system is usually composed of an outdoor compressor and one or more indoor air handles. The compressor pumps refrigerant into the air handlers. These handles then circulate heated or cooled air throughout your home. These types of HVAC services also include repair and scheduled maintenance services to make sure that your system is running smoothly. Please fill out our easy contact form and let us know what your needs are and we will pair you with one of our top Central Illinois HVAC professionals for all of your mobile home HVAC needs.