Dependable Air Quality Products to Purify Your Indoor Air in Central Illinois
Indoor Air Quality Solutions
With Agers you can achieve a cleaner and healthier indoor air; we provide several solutions based on your current situation and efforts. We offer sales, installation and service for the latest air filtration systems and more including:
- UV Air Purifiers
- Electronic Air Cleaners
- Premium HVAC system filters
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Attic Fans
Call us today on taking the next step in the right direction of quality indoor air and your family’s health.
During the fall and winter heating seasons, the cold outdoor air is dry and has a low relative humidity rating. When your HVAC systems pull this air into heat your house and can cause major problems, such as an increasing percentage of catching a cold, flu and other upper respiratory ailments such as pneumonia or bronchitis. The low humid air can cause damage to your homes such as cracking walls and woodwork. Electronics can also fail due to an increase chance of static electric charges. Low humidity levels in your home can actually cause higher energy demand and costs. Yet when properly controlled, the process of adding moisture to air (humidification), humidity has been proven to offer many advantages to health, home and comfort. There are 3 basic types of whole-house (Central) humidifiers to choose from: Bypass, Fan-powered, and Steam.
When it comes to air pollution we tend to link it with something outside, such as ozone, smog, or hazy in the air, especially during summer. Through extensive testing and monitoring, the air inside homes, offices, and other facilities can be more polluted than outside air. Common pollutants inside include lead, cleaning chemical vapors, radon, tobacco smoke, mold, pet dander, formaldehyde, pesticides, radon, and carbon monoxide. Some pollutants unconsciously make it into our homes from us such as new furniture, your work, and fitness attire or from that fresh coat of paint on the walls. The elderly, children, and those with asthma tend to be especially sensitive to indoor pollutants.
In recent years, indoor pollution has become much more important due to the increased time we now spend inside. Research indicates today most people spend over 80% of life indoors. Most modern homes have been built airtight and sealed closed to prevent heating and cooling energy loss. This has made it where most of the irritants cannot escape except through minimal window and door drafts. Some interesting facts to consider:
- An average home will create over 40 pounds of dust every year.
- One of the most common indoor allergens is dust mites. An ounce of dust = about 40,000 mites.
- One or more people who have allergies or asthma reside in 45% of the homes in the USA.
- 28 million Americans suffer from hay fever and allergies, with more than 15 million people estimated to have asthma. Research has found out that 1 in every 13 children who go to school have asthma.
- Heating and air conditioning systems that don’t have an efficient or effective airflow & filtration cause worse contamination by circulating the pollutant particulates instead of capturing them.
Good news for home and business owners in Macoupin and Montgomery Counties, we have solutions that will significantly increase your poor air quality. If you are serious and ready to see how we can improve your air quality, contact us today to schedule an indoor air quality test and consultation.